(323) 905-2737 / SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
At Rejuvenating Skin Care Medical Aesthetics we utilize the most advanced laser available to eliminate tattoos precisely without harming the surrounding skin. Our Licensed Medical Professionals perform this procedure with the utmost care providing you with great confidence and comfort. This procedure is performed on all skin types. Q-Switched laser system is the gold standard laser for tattoo removal. It emits two wavelengths of laser light to achieve lightening of the chosen tattoo.
The Q-Switched laser removes tattoos with specialized light which is absorbed by the tattoo ink. The rapid absorption of the laser energy causes the tattoo ink to break into tiny particles which is then removed by the body’s natural filtering system. It can remove both professional, amateur (homemade), traumatic and surgical tattoos. However it is not recommend for use on permanent eyeliner or lipstick.
The number of treatments depends on the amount and type of ink used, and also the depth of the ink in the skin. Most patients require 8 to 15 treatments for adequate results. Dark blue, black and red inks will resolve the best. Oranges and purples usually fade as well. Green and yellow inks are the most difficult to remove, and additional treatments are needed to produce significant fading. In many cases, greater than 95% fading of the tattoo may be accomplished. However, it is important to know that there are many types of tattoo inks in use today, none of which are regulated by the FDA. Not knowing which tattoo ink was used, or how deeply it was applied, makes it impossible to predict the degree of removal on any given tattoo or the number of treatments required. The impact of the laser pulse is similar to the snap of a small rubber band on the skin.
The majority of patients do not require anesthesia, depending on the size and location of the tattoo. Numbing cream is available if needed. The treated area should be kept clean. The tattoo will be inflamed post treatment. Scabbing may form, and if so, should not be picked or scratched. To prevent or minimize the chances of scarring the aftercare instructions must be followed.
PRE LASER TATTOO REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
- AVOID ASPIRIN, ALEVE, MOTRIN OR IBUPROFEN PRODUCTS 48 HOURS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- AVOID FISH OIL AND VITAMIN E 2 DAYS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- AVOID TANNING REGION TO BE TREATED 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- AVOID RETIN A USE 1 MONTH PRIOR TO TREATMENT OF DESIRED AREA
- AVOID WAXING REGION 1 MONTH PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- AVOID ANY CHEMICAL PEELS OR LASER RESURFACING PROCEDURES 3 MONTHS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- AVOID MILD SCRUBS SUCH AS A LOOFAH OR MILD EXFOLIATION 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- A NUMBING AGENT MAY BE APPLIED 15-30 MINUTES PRIOR TO TREATMENT (PURCHASED AT RSC)
- ICE PACKS WILL BE APPLIED FOR 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO TREATMENT
POST LASER TATTOO REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
- An ICE PACK WILL BE APPLIED TO REGION FOLLOWED BY ALOE VERA GEL AND A NON STICK TELFA PAD
- AVOID SUN EXPOSURE TO REGION THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF YOUR TREATMENTS
- WASH HANDS BEFORE HANDLING REGION
1ST 24 HOURS
- APPLY AN ICE PACK WRAPPED WITH A CLEAN WET PAPER TOWEL FOR 10 MINUTES (NO DIRECT ICE CONTACT TO TREATED REGION)
- REPEAT ICE COMPRESSES PERIODICALLY AS NEEDED
- REST AND ELEVATE THE TREATED AREA
- AVOID STRENOUS ACTIVITIES
- NO STEAM ROOMS, SAUNAS, JACUZZIS OR SWIMMING POOLS
- APPLY ALOE VERA GEL AS NEEDED
AFTER 24 HOURS
- APPLY ANTIBIOTIC OINTOMENT DAILY WITH A CLEAN APPLICATION SUCH AS A Q-TIP
- APPLY A NEW NON STICK TELFA PAD DAILY TO REGION FOR THE FIRST 3 DAYS
- KEEP PAD DRY AND CLEAN, REMOVE TO SHOWER
- CLOTHING SHOULD COVER REGION TO PREVENT SUN EXPOSURE
- AVOID PICKING OR SCRATCHING REGION OR YOU MAY RISK INFECTION OR SCARRING
- AVOID SAUNA, JACUZZIS AND SWIMMING POOLS UNTIL FULLY HEALED
WAIT 6-8 WEEKS BETWEEN SESSIONS
PRICES ARE DETERMINED AT INITIAL FREE CONSULTATION.
Please contact us at 323 726-9692 to schedule an appointment.
PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE AT A 20% DISCOUNT IF PAID IN FULL AT INITIAL VISIT.
- Contraindicated in clients with a history of treatment with Parenteral gold therapy (gold sodium thiomalate), those with an autoimmune disease, uncontrolled diabetes, who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Individuals who frequently keloid or form severe keloids are discouraged from receiving such treatment.